Ninth Post

 Hey blog, 

    Today I want to shed light on distance learning. For me, although it is quite easier, I find it harder to understand all the material. Especially with the way that assignments have exact dates and times when they are due it is super easy to procrastinate. I dislike the lack of connection between students in the class as well as trying to navigate assignments. But it is helpful to have a distanced learning course in order to find time for studying and having a schedule already set for specific assignments. As an educator, I think it is important to be able to navigate distance learning by holding Zoom courses, in order to create an honest connection even over a camera. It can also be beneficial to encourage outside activities that relate to class work, in order for students to feel as though they can learn in other ways.

    Open Educational Resources are accessible to everyone who wishes to use them. These are highly beneficial for educators because it provides them with free resources and information others have openly shared. It is also important that many provide helpful modules, assignments, and sometimes can assist in lesson planning. Using the OER Commons, I found a resource that helps with teaching Matter to Elementary students. To start, they included guiding questions and a "script" of sorts to help guide the teacher in how they can best execute the topic. There was also a group activity and turn & talk, which can guide the teacher who uses this resource in order to create conversation amongst students. The author of this lesson plan also provided an explanation for the use of a journal in classes, to better help the teacher create meaningful learning. It also included a Crash Course video to further the instruction if it is needed.

Matter Matters -- Out Teach | OER Commons

    There have been many skills that I have acquired out of the PowerPoint assignments. I never knew that you could create games and animate activities through this extension. I also never realized that rather than copy and pasting images from Google, you could just look them up in the Presentation. I also found it quite beneficial to do the voiceover with the Presentation because that will be quite beneficial in distance learning. The first assignment with the lesson plan I really enjoyed doing because it made me think about a real-life circumstance that I will face sooner or later. The second assignment was a little more challenging, but I enjoyed having to figure everything out and being able to play around in PowerPoint to see what works best and what does not work at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seventh Post

Sixth Post