First Blog Post

     Hello, my name is Haley Laguador and I am currently an education major at Florida State University. My hobbies include swimming, fishing, working out, and anything that is outdoors or by a body of water. I have grown up in Jacksonville, Florida being a part of many different sports and academic societies. At Florida State I am an afterschool teacher at a local church, as well as a part-time cashier at Publix when I am home. Growing up I had always had my heart set on having an occupation that worked with children and teaching is definitely the epitome of helping children succeed. 

    I honestly am not amazing with technology. In school we spent a lot of time using the whiteboard/SMART board as an interact source. In this day and age, technology is an ESSENTIAL part of any learning environment. I have always used Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook as means of communication and ways of completing assignments. One thing that has always been somewhat helpful and easy are projectors because it is such a simplified way of showing what is happening in real time. 

    I have developed a few personal learning networks over the course of my education. Being an Elementary Education major, the most important network is the children that I work with. This is because those kids help me to understand what a classroom will look and feel like in real time. It also helps me to develop ways of teaching even before I have gone into the field. Another thing is field research, in one of my other classes she has given us access to videos of teachers and how they interact with their students, which is very beneficial. I also enjoy textbooks and speaking with other teachers about what has worked for them and what has not. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seventh Post

Ninth Post

Sixth Post