Tenth Post

 Hey guys,

    I think that surveys are an important part of teaching. Data collection can be used when identifying how each student is performing in the class. My goal is to be a Kindergarten teacher or teach 9th grade English. In Kindergarten, it is important to create diverse groups in the classroom and being able to identify each student's reading level can help to build station groups that will work well together. Also using data collection, can help teachers to identify students who are struggling and provide them with more attention and supplemental materials to help with their progress.

    From viewing my classmate's blogs, I really enjoyed seeing their newsletters. It was interesting how each person had a different style and take on how to present the information to parents. I also enjoyed how one of my peers inserted her PowerPoint projects and described how they could make them better. While reading my classmate's blogs, I saw that everyone had a common ground on many of the topics and enjoyed distanced learning, in contrast to myself.

    I really like the tech-flex and digital badges. It helps to create progress on skills that teachers should have. For example, making comments and using a webcam. The "a day in the life" badge is most interesting to me because it allows creativity and expression in an individual's day-to-day activities that otherwise are not shared. This concept of awarding badges when completing activities to further one's technological knowledge is helpful in relation to how it can be used in and outside of the classroom. 

    One technological skill that I would like to be more informed of is Excel. I have used it in some of my other classes, but it is still very new to me. To my understanding, it can be used when creating spreadsheets and mapping student's progress. Growing up I watched both of my parents use it and know that with its many different features can be used to better the classroom climate and make a more effective classroom. I will achieve this goal through using the extension. I believe that the best way of understanding a platform is actually using it. 

    I truly enjoyed sharing my journey through better understanding education technologies and hope to use the knowledge I have accumulated in the classroom further down the road!




Comments

  1. Hi Hayley,

    I agree that surveys are an important part of teaching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seventh Post

Ninth Post

Sixth Post